A. Papers in Refereed Journals
- Elena Dalpiaz and Giada Di Stefano (forthcoming), “A universe of stories: Mobilizing narrative practices during transformative change.” Strategic Management Journal. pdf
During the 2016 Strategic Management Society Annual Conference, this paper received an honorable mention for the Best Conference Paper Prize, as well as the Best Paper Award from the Strategy Process Interest Group.
- Giada Di Stefano, Andrew A. King, and Gianmario Verona (2017), “Too many cooks spoil the broth? Geographical concentration, social norms, and knowledge transfer.” Advances in Strategic Management, Volume 36 (Geography, Location, and Strategy): pp. 267-308. pdf
- Giada Di Stefano, Andrew A. King, and Gianmario Verona (2015), “Sanctioning in the wild: Rational calculus and retributive instincts in gourmet cuisine.” Academy of Management Journal, Volume 58, Issue 3: pp. 906-931. pdf
This paper was nominated for the Best Paper Prize of the 2014 Strategic Management Society Annual Conference. An early version of this paper appeared in the 2014 Best Paper Proceedings of the Academy of Management Annual Meeting, under the title “Hell’s kitchen: Sanctioning violations of norms of knowledge use in gourmet cuisine,” doi: 10.5465/AMBPP.2014.122. pdf
- Giada Di Stefano, Margaret A. Peteraf, and Gianmario Verona (2014), “The organizational drivetrain: A road to integration of dynamic capabilities research.” Academy of Management Perspectives, Volume 28, Issue 4: pp. 307-327. pdf
- Giada Di Stefano, Andrew A. King, and Gianmario Verona (2014), “Kitchen confidential? Norms for the use of transferred knowledge in gourmet cuisine.” Strategic Management Journal, Volume 35, Issue 11: pp. 1645–1670. pdf
- Margaret A. Peteraf, Giada Di Stefano, and Gianmario Verona (2013), “The elephant in the room of dynamic capabilities: Bringing two diverging conversations together.” Strategic Management Journal, Volume 34, Issue 12: pp. 1389–1410 (lead article). pdf
This paper is among the 2016 Emerald Citations of Excellence: http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/authors/literati/citations/awards.htm
- Giada Di Stefano, Alfonso Gambardella, and Gianmario Verona (2012), “Technology push and demand pull perspectives in innovation studies: Current findings and future research directions.” Research Policy, Volume 41 Issue 8: pp. 1283–1295. pdf
- Giada Di Stefano, Margaret A. Peteraf, and Gianmario Verona (2010), “Dynamic capabilities deconstructed. A bibliographic investigation into the origins, development, and future directions of the research domain.” Industrial and Corporate Change, Volume 19 Issue 4: pp. 1187-1204. pdf
B. Other Published Papers
- Giada Di Stefano (2012), “Knowledge, innovation, and social norms in creative industries.” Economia & Management, Issue 3: pp. 36-40.
C. Reports and Other Material
- Giada Di Stefano, Andrew A. King, and Gianmario Verona (2010), “Innovation at play: The case of high-end cuisine.” ECCH Collection of Management Case Studies, #311-063-1.
- Giada Di Stefano and Gianmario Verona (2009), “Protecting innovation in low-IPR regimes: The case of fine fashion.” ECCH Collection of Management Case Studies, #310-120-1.
This case study won the Best Case Award 2008 – SDA Bocconi School of Management.